At JGU Translation Services, we provide internal English translations for the university administration, including its websites. We also proofread English language documents and provide consulation to other university staff on all matters related to translation and language. Feel free to contact us for more information or to submit a formal request.
What is our approach?
When translating, we pay special attention to the target audience and to terminological and stylistic consistency. We use state-of-the-art translation software in order to efficiently deliver accurate results.
What is the turnaround time?
The turnaround time depends on the current workload of the JGU Translation Services, as well as other factors, such as the length of the text and the level of specialized expertise required for the job. Send the document in question to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to give you a more precise estimate of the turnaround time for your project. For larger or particularly urgent projects, we recommend that you contact an external translation service.
What do we translate?
We translate for example:
- Brochures and information sheets
- Applicant management documents (job advertisements, recruitment files, etc.)
- Legal documents, e.g. sample examination and doctoral regulations (courtesy translations)
- Online portals (e.g. application portals for students and employees)
- Documents and templates in CampusNet (e.g. ToR, notifications, certificates...)
- Speeches/welcoming addresses for the Executive University Board
- Websites for the central administration (Student Services, Equal Opportunities, Psychotherapeutic Counseling Center...)
- English only
We do not translate or proofread:
- JGU press releases
- Scientific papers
For the departments, translations can usually only be done selectively and on a cost-sharing basis (capacity limits).